Sunday, March 28, 2010

Last Week Before Mid Semester Break

'Time flies' is an expression we use to describe how a happy event passed so fast.

But today, as far as I'm concern, whenever I say 'time flies', I mean literally!! Arriving here was like yesterday! I remembered bidding farewell to my granny, my family and Zoe. Today, my fellow brethren reminded me to attend Easter Conference. I said, when's that? They said: It's on a ......Friday. I know, which Friday?....This Friday, dear! Wow!! Yeah, that was my expression. Easter marks a semester break for the Oz education system. Schools breaks for 2 week. Uni off for a week. Business closes from Friday to Monday. That's going to be a long weekend. Awesome. Back in Malaysia, we do not celebrate Easter besides friends giving us some chocolates. Here, the celebration is, I believe crazy. It is as big as Christmas. I can't wait to see what happens then.

However, my joy is limited as after Easter, I have my midsem. I have one paper on 17/4, two papers on 24/4, and one law paper on 1/5. So, its really a kill joy. As mid sem is 40% of my overall marks, I have to score high so that I can afford to slack in finals. If I screw up my midsem, that's the end of my CGPA. So its pretty much a deciding factor.

Through out this week, I didn't do much outstanding stuff. Well, I cooked,


Potato with Mince Pork

It was my first time cooking it. Besides it being a bit gravyless, it was very good.

Honey Roast Chicken Drumstick

I bought a kilogram of chicken drumstick for $2.90. That was so cheap man! Even cheaper than in KL. So to experiment, I roasted it. And it was awesome. Juicy, tender, and not too over cooked. They honey gave it a dash of sweetness and it was good.

Then I went Coles in Toowong for some cheese. And how to I celebrate my first real cheese in Australia??

Simple Cheese Toast.

Simple because I preheat oven for 10 minutes, throw in a slice of bread and cheese and a sausage. after 6 minutes, take out the toast and eat it as appetizer while waiting for the sausages. After 3 minutes of indulging into cheese toast, the sausage should be ready for whacking with rice! ~~AWESOME~~

Now, after indulging, the guilty conscience start to set in. This is when geography comes in.
As I have mentioned, St. Lucia has nothing but hills. So, here is what I mean when I say hill...


I would say the gradient is easily 10% or less!! Its really steep. With 7kg of groceries, I will die walking up. But since I indulged on so much calories, I have no choice but to walk like this to burn off the drumstick and the cheese.



This is taken half way to the top. You can see the road going uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill. At the very end of the ups and downs, that's the Taringa Train Station.

So guys, at the end of your ups and downs, in life, there will always be a destination waiting for you.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. =.=
    i also sien
    got exam on 20,21,22 of april
    happy easter bro!

    ReplyDelete