Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Easter Weekend Part 1

My Easter weekend was great! I always wanted to capture beautiful pictures of my remaining moments in Brisbane. But camera, was the equipment I needed to catch these moments. So on Easter Friday, my wish came knocking at the door at 2.30am.

My sis appeared at 50, Swann Road, and she's in Australia to make her initial entry to Australia as her Permanent Resident (PR) was granted. So she brought me all over the place to take beautiful pictures around UQ and Southbank. She was here 3 years back, doing exactly what I'm doing now.

With her new camera, she managed to take, well, not too bad photos (definitely better than mine).

So enjoy the new pics below.


First morning, woke up at 8.30am with only 4 hours of sleep and cook breakfast together with her. Our typical Oz breakfast, again. Omelet, onion(forgot to buy mushrooms),bacon and sausage. Yummy to the max!



Next, we headed to University of Queensland (UQ). But we missed the bus by 20 seconds. As I open my main door, I saw the bus passed. What the !@#$?! It will be in an hour's time before the next one arrives. Instead, we took the train from Taringa to Toowong, then we change bus to UQ. Awesome idea.


Now, the real moment begins. With a camera woman beside me, I can do all crazy stuff!!

This is the arc to The Great Court from the bus stop, Chancellor's Place.


Me along Forgan Smith's corridor. This corridor is the main 'attraction' of UQ. All photos will be taken here and it will be memory of a lifetime....


Me and my sis sitting on the Great Court. The background is the back of Forgan Smith.


Another pose worth to remember in 2010. The Year Daniel Wong Step into UQ.


UQ Centre is the biggest hall or Auditorium in UQ.Its 3 times the size of Dewan Dato' Wong Kee Tatt of SMKTC. All major examination, fairs, convocation, etc are held here.



Behind UQ Centre, this is the field where I will be graduating at the end of these year (if I graduate la!) This is one thing I love bout Oz. Their grass is so clean and well kept that you can just lie down on it.


This is UQ Lakes. UQ is a Science based Uni. We are the Uni that explore into biomedic and aerospace research semi-funded by the Government. The lake is bigger than Taman Tasik Titiwangsa!Awesome! Nice place for dating, but Southbank is more romantic, and you will know why later.


DUHIG Building. This is my library. Social Science and Humanities Library of UQ. It has 4 stories filled with books, journals and even rents DVD! You'll never feel bored!

Forgan Smith. Sorry to go on and on about Forgan Smith, but this place will forever associate me with UQ, Whenever I think of UQ, this part of the building pops into my mine.

My day closes with a dinner with my sis, my housemate, Sean, and my first crush Francine. We had a marvelous time together. Francine came over because she forgot her keys and was locked out in her apartment. Luckily my sis was there. So the 2 ladies took my room and I slept in the hall :(....but for her, can! No prob!

Roast Chicken....one week marination roasted to perfection


Honey Roasted Spare Ribs with Barbecue Sauce

Mashed potatoes baked with heaps of cheese!!


Serving finished off with 2 pieces of lamb leg, and a serving of broccoli.

1 comment: