Monday, March 1, 2010

My First Week In Australia

Yo guys, was busy for past few days with Uni admin and packing for shifting..

So i thought I'll just upload and commend on some recent stuff that has been happening for the first week. Yea, I know this is my second week and I'm late!!

So, this is what happened!!


I got myself on a one year plan with the mobile company '3' of $29 a month and got this E63 for free!! The plan allows me to call any 3 users free for 200 minutes a month and to any user (including international calls) for 150 minutes. All in all, I pay $29 and get $310 worth of calls a month. On top of that, I get a free phone!! Hahahaha!! Awesome. So u all can now contact me!! No probs...

The next day was my second last night before I move out from my cousin's place. So we made Korean BBQ. Guys! This meal was awesome.


This is the ingredient and sauce needed. We bought it from a Korean shop at Sunnybank, near Calamville where we are staying.




Next, we layer the pan with oil and fry the condiments to 'enhance' the taste and smell. By this time, I was already salivating, can't wait to hear them say '开动’!



Now is BBQing time! We throw in the rest of the meat! Hear the sizzling sound.....zzsszs....
(But I didn't do anything. Chef of the evening my cousin Ian and his wife Avene did everything from A-Z.)



Guess what is next?

Yup, I mean it. Cow tongue. As in 舌头, tongue. Cool? Well, it didn't taste that bad. But I still prefer shaved pork and loins as my meal. the texture was rough and taste like intestines. So some of you may love it :)



And that is how Korean BBQ is eaten. Take a piece of leaf (dun remember the name but it taste like mint!), add some lettuce, spring onions and chuck some meat in between. Whoosh!! The taste was awesome!! Haha!! 很有初恋的感觉。

Then the following night was my last night! Having my last dinner with them for a long time is very sad. But seeing the roast brings a temporary joy to my heart!

Yup, it was roast!


And again, my cousin, was the chief chef, and his wife was the sous chef.


See the tenderness roasted to perfection......it melts in you mouth.....

This is my dinner plate, roast with side dishes of milk mashed potatoes, mustard seed mashed potatoes, roasted mixed vege (carrots, onions and sweet potatoes)

Yummy.....yum....yum....I'm Loving It...haha!


Oh ya, there's one more thing I want to introduce to my fellow Malaysians friends. This is what the Oz'ies like to eat.
You know what's the blue thing? Its mould, or 发霉 (is that the way of writing?) But they say, the more mouldy the cheese, the more expensive. And the Kraft cheese we buy from Tesco, the Oz'ies here call it dirty cheese, because they say its all mixed with dunno wat ingredient and its the cheapest cheese in town. What the !@#$! I love Krafts man!!

To sum up my first week, these are my two great cousins, Ian and Avene.
Thank you guys for taking care so well of me. I will miss you all very much once I'm on my own.

1 comment:

  1. It's time to learn to take care of urself yea.. jia you!!!!
    When you come bac, u will be a total different Daniel...
    Looking forward to meet you again...

    Yu Shan

    ReplyDelete