Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken Curry!! The Malaysian Taste in Australia

So, as I have promised, this is my first major dish I cook since arriving Oz. Chicken curry. This dish is what defines us. Malaysian, any gathering you attend, may it be Chinese, Malay or Indian, there will always be fried rice, friend noodles and chicken curry. This dish is what unite us. Its not the crazy Najib's propaganda 1-Malaysia kononnya. This is the real 1-Malaysia.

And today, ladies and gentlemen, I will present to you Daniel's way of serving chicken curry ala Brisbane, Australia.


First, take out the chicken from the freezer and defrost it overnight. I don't really eat garlic. Instead, I put in heaps of onions. I love them! Of course with 3 cloves of garlic for taste.


Frying the garlic and onions till fragrant. At this stage, the smell is enough to make PS fall in love with me :)

It was at this stage I forgot that I was on the wrong stove. So I had to switch to a bigger circumference. The one on the left.




Now the chicken is in. All stir together. This is actually quite interesting. Cos 10 minutes on high fire, my chicken didn't seem to change colour. I was doubting the breed Oz uses until I saw the underneath was light brown. So confirm, half cook!



Now, throw in the curry paste! At this stage, my house ZH will fall in love with me. The aroma filled the house! Sadly, no one was at home at that time to appreciate it.


Simmer for another 20 minutes! Stir, stir, stir.....and I gave up. I just put low fire and went to play computer for 5 minutes. I told myself, 'noway, how can I abandon chicky on the stove?' So I went back, stir, guess what? Some onions got burned! Luckily my instinct told me to go back. If not, whole dish burned!



As it simmer in its 15th minute....


Simmering in its 20th minute


Ready and mouth watering.....




Then I remembered. Crap, I forgot to buy tomatoes for garnishing and compliment. NO!! That doesn't meet the standard of Daniel's chicken curry ala Brisbane, Australia.


Anyway, I told myself, this is just the first time! No need to thorough. When my friends visit me, that is when I will show you guys the real Chicken Curry ala Brisbane of danielwhydaniel.blogspot.com

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment