Thursday, July 8, 2010

Feeling the Feeling of Failing to Feel

9.30am
Today, my housemate, Vivian, flew off to Melbourne for holidays with her sister. In my heart, I was so happy because finally, I can have the whole house to myself. I can watch TV all I want, on all the lights, do everything and anything as if the whole world is mine. I have to admit, when she is around, I'm more conscious of myself. I try hard not to dirty the kitchen floor.

So today, since she is not around, I cooked the most messy dish anyone could cook-Chicken Curry. I dun have to worry of the splattering oil, oily stove etc and I can clean it whenever I want to. After that, I took out my laptop to the hall and occupy the sofa she used to occupy. Come at night, I watch 谈情说案on the sofa with a drink in front me. Wah!! Have not experienced this feeling for a very long time.

However, after everything, as I was laying down on the bed, some flashes came through my mind. I think back of the time I chat with her about Hong Kong dramas, she tells me what is life in Hong Kong, she shares with me what is the education like in Hong Kong etc. Recently, as I was hunting for a new place, we even talked more as we start comparing Oz with our respective countries. Then I start to feel, I really miss her. I feel so quiet now. I have to admit, I don't really talk spontaneously with her (just chat on some topics) but I miss her.

Then thinking of the time I have, she returns to Brisbane on the 15th of July. By then, I would be in Melbourne myself. If everything goes as planned, I will be shifting out from here to a new place next Monday. In other words, last night was my last time seeing her-forever!! This thought really struck me.

I now take this opportunity to show you all my current place before I move out. Sorry, I forgot to show this earlier on when I moved in from Sean's place.

The kitchen that needs cleaning. Vivian always clean it for me and I seriously feel very bad-Now.



This is the hall. The arch is where I stand and chat with her while she sits on the sofa and turn her head and talk to me.


The dining hall which is never used for dining. That pile of books is mine. Her sister occasionally comes and sit at the far end to do her work.


The hall. This the sofa she occupies all the time. That is how her laptop is positioned.



OK, please stop laughing....That is my room. I WAS ROBBED OK?? still under renovation...stop laughing..

2 comments:

  1. not bad wor your room, i was expecting some spilled maggie, rot tomato, and chicken bones everywhere!!! good good~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I will be chased out!! U think I'm 種立文?haha..
    But u will be surprised as there are some 'guai lou' who is like tt. Esp in hostels and student accommodations. Plates unwashed for 7 days, soup still in there with floating ingredients, sausages fried in the pan still on the stove one week old. It really does happen here, dude...

    ReplyDelete